Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Manhattan Same Day delivery work?
- Same-Day Delivery is offered in Manhattan zip codes only. Orders must be placed between the hours of 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM EST and will be delivered via Postmates. Someone must be present at the delivery address to physically accept the order. Embroidery special orders are not available for Same-Day Delivery. Product availability for Same-Day Delivery is based on what is currently available in the New York City Guideshop. Please contact email@example.com for any questions on your Same-Day Delivery order.
Can you tell me more about your GOTS certified organic materials?
All of our blankets and burp cloths are made with GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified organic cotton, and the majority of our garments are made with GOTS-certified organic cotton.
GOTS is the highest level of certification available for organic fabrics. In order to receive certification, products are evaluated throughout the manufacturing process — from their very beginnings as raw materials to their final fabrication as garments or blankets.
It forbids the use of harmful pesticides, toxic heavy metals, and chlorine bleach. It requires that all dyes meet safety requirements on toxicity and biodegradability.
And as part of the GOTS certification process, the factories that produce our products are required to provide safe working conditions and fair living wages for all of their employees.
A Monica + Andy product should feel as good to you as it does to your baby.
- What does lead, phthalate, and flame-retardant free mean?
Organic cotton is grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, which means there’s no chemical residue in the fabric. That’s extremely important to us since our fabric is snuggling your baby’s soft + sensitive new skin.
Additionally, we do not spray our blankets or garments with any fire-retardants, making everything formaldehyde free. Our fabrics have never been processed with — nor do they contain — phthalates. And finally, all of our buttons + snaps are lead free.
We take your baby’s safety very seriously.
- How do I care for my Monica + Andy pieces?
Everything can be machine washed on cold and tumbled dry on low. One of the best things about our blankets and garments is that they get softer with each wash. Please be aware that the texture of muslin changes once it’s machine washed: When we receive the blankets they’ve been ironed + flattened, but once they go through the spin cycle in your home they’ll get that classic muslin texture.
- What is your returns and exchanges policy?
All domestic orders may be returned to a store or online — any time, for any reason.
Online customer returns can be refunded to your card or for store credit.
All gift returns receive store credit.
To initiate an online return or exchange, please contact the Storks at firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 638-5584. They will provide a prepaid return label for your items. You have 14 calendar days from the day you receive the return label (via email) to send your items back. We will initiate a refund once we receive notification from UPS that your package has been dropped off.
If you are making an exchange, we will ship the new item(s) when we receive confirmation from UPS that your item has been picked up.
- How do I return a gift?
- When can I expect my refund?
We will initiate a refund once we receive notification from UPS that your package has been dropped off.